Personal Development Mentor (Primary/Secondary School)
Be a mentor to support children (age 10-15) on personal development for a year
What we need
- You will be paired up with one student and attend one mentoring session per month
- You'll be required to attend 4 training sessions in a year - The schedule will be provided later
- 2 years working experience and entrepreneurial mindset preferred
- Provide mentorship support to broaden mentees' (age from 10-15) horizons, offer career inspirations, and assist in building up self-esteem and resilience, providing guidance and companionship as a part of the personal development experience
- Willingness to listen, support, provide guidance and co-work with the parents and their supervisors and share their experience in interacting with the children and youth.
(1) Personal Development - The project seeks to enable our children to identify their own long-term vision and motivate them to take steps for pursuing targets that are achievable in the short run. The process of drawing up the plan and putting their goals into actions gives them a chance to consider who they want to be, and what they want to achieve – a unique and important personal development experience. (2) Mentorship - In the beginning of the project, each primary school student will be matched with a volunteer mentor to obtain support throughout the three-year programme. The matching of mentors to participating children is made according to gender, personalities, interests, occupation/industry, family background, religion, etc. The mentor will be required to communicate with matched student at least 1 hour per month in any forms such as zoom, text, phone or face-to-face.
What we have
Training and resources on topics such as financial planning, communication skills, life planning etc.
Why this is important
The Child Development Fund School-based Projects is one of our regular services which facilitates grassroots children to grow by developing a positive learning and working attitude for and youths in the long run, as well as significantly improving their social skills, problem-solving abilities, resource management and future planning. The project ultimately aim to promote upward mobility of grassroots households.
30 Apr 2022 - 12 Apr 2023
Tuen Mun or Eastern District
You’ll be working with other awesome volunteers.
4 hours per month
- Life Coaching
- Youth Mentorship
- Chinese (Cantonese)
Together with Swire Trust, we've launched the Swire Trust Go-Givers Program which encourages skilled volunteers for their NGOs partners.
From 2020 to 2022, you can volunteer for Swire's NGO partners and redeem educational and experiential rewards. For details, please see here. 🙌🏻
10 outstanding volunteers will also be selected annually as the “Swire Trust Go-Givers of the Year” with special rewards & recognition! Meet our Go-Givers of 2021 here.
About the Organization
DADS NETWORK LIMITED
What we do
Mission Founded in 2015, DADs Network is a non-profit making organization based in Hong Kong. With an aim to promote the critical importance of the father’s role in the family, we are dedicated to fostering an active fathering culture by offering dads multifaceted support which includes organizing talks, training and parent-child campaigns, and providing a rich source of information.
Mentor for Child Development Fund (3 years)
Institute of Leadership and Management Foundation Limited
3 hours per month
almost 3 years
Personal Finance Seminar Speaker (22 June)
Junior Achievement Hong Kong
2 hours in total
Native English Marketing Copywriter
3 hours per week
Youth Consultant / Mentor (Online)
Teach For Hong Kong
1 hours in total
加減乘除 Agent of Change
15 hours in total