This experience has not started yet :) It will start on Mar 10, 2022
Enjoy a hands-on learning experience of silversmithing and make your own bespoke silver ring!
Redeem 1 spot at the Silver Ring Making Workshop (Level 1) at OBELLERY. This course is for those who have yet to experience the joys of jewellery making and would like to give learning these new skills a try. OBELLERY will provide 6 templates to choose from and each of these styles can be crafted using slightly different techniques. Their tutors will teach in a group format and provide one-to-one support, to provide technical guidance throughout the whole process. You will learn basic silversmithing skills such as piercing, filing, annealing, soldering, basic hammering, texturing, polishing and twisting.
Location: Shop H403, PMQ, No.35 Aberdeen Street, Central
Duration: 1.5- 2.5 hours
Date: By appointment from Monday – Sunday; 11:00am – 1:30pm, 2:30pm – 5:00pm, 5:00pm – 7:30pm
Class size: Max. 4 people
Upon successful redemption, you will receive a voucher to make an appointment directly with OBELLERY.
OBELLERY is the foremost contemporary jewellery studio in Hong Kong. The gallery space features contemporary wearables from independent jewellery artists, each to feature the maker’s design ingenuity and craftsmanship, while carefully curated to cultivate Obellery’s own brand of sophisticated aesthetic.
Since their establishment in 2014, they’ve brought forth the best of Hong Kong contemporary jewellery to exhibit across the globe, whilst also bringing back fascinating pieces from international artists.
The studio aims to promote contemporary and innovative wearable-objects in the local community, through fostering a passion and appreciation for metal craft by offering jewellery and metalsmithing workshops. They encourage all to discover the remarkable and soothing experience of working with precious metal.
- Reward photos are for reference only.
- The reward cannot be returned or exchanged.
- The reward can only only be redeemed by volunteers aged 18 years old or above.
- Volunteers warrant that the redeemed reward is for their own personal use only. It is not transferrable and resalable.
- Once the reward redemption has been placed, the redemption will be considered final and cannot be cancelled by the volunteer.
- For health and safety issues, persons with long hair will be asked to tie up their hair, and close-toed shoes should be worn during the making process. In the case of accidental minor cuts, not to worry, they have a first-aid kit in their gallery at all times.
- OBELLERY provides all the tools and equipment needed for jewellery making
- An extra silver fee may be charged depending on the weight.
- The reward is valid for 6 months from the day of redemption.
- The booking can be rescheduled ONCE with 2 days notice.
- The voucher needs to be showed before the workshop.
- In the case of dispute, Time Auction and OBELLERY reserve the right of final decision on all matters.
- Our late cancellations & no show policy and other Time Auction terms and conditions apply.
25 volunteer hours must be completed during 07 Apr 2021 to 30 Mar 2022.
Special thanks to OBELLERY for donating the workshop!