This experience has not started yet :) It will start on Aug 25, 2022
Enjoy a hands-on learning experience of silversmithing and make your own bespoke silver ring!
Redeem 1 spot at the Silver Ring Making Workshop (Level 1) at OBELLERY. This course is for those who have yet to experience the joys of jewellery making and would like to give learning these new skills a try. OBELLERY will provide 6 templates to choose from and each of these styles can be crafted using slightly different techniques. Their tutors will teach in a group format and provide one-to-one support, to provide technical guidance throughout the whole process. You will learn basic silversmithing skills such as piercing, filing, annealing, soldering, basic hammering, texturing, polishing and twisting.
Location: Shop H403, PMQ, No.35 Aberdeen Street, Central
Duration: 1.5- 2.5 hours
Date: By appointment from Monday – Sunday; 11:00am – 1:30pm, 2:30pm – 5:00pm, 5:00pm – 7:30pm
Class size: Max. 4 people
Upon successful redemption, you will receive a voucher to make an appointment directly with OBELLERY.
OBELLERY is the foremost contemporary jewellery studio in Hong Kong. The gallery space features contemporary wearables from independent jewellery artists, each to feature the maker’s design ingenuity and craftsmanship, while carefully curated to cultivate Obellery’s own brand of sophisticated aesthetic.
Since their establishment in 2014, they’ve brought forth the best of Hong Kong contemporary jewellery to exhibit across the globe, whilst also bringing back fascinating pieces from international artists.
The studio aims to promote contemporary and innovative wearable-objects in the local community, through fostering a passion and appreciation for metal craft by offering jewellery and metalsmithing workshops. They encourage all to discover the remarkable and soothing experience of working with precious metal.
Terms and Conditions
- Reward photos are for reference only.
- The reward can only only be redeemed by volunteers aged 18 years old or above.
- Once the reward redemption has been placed, the redemption will be considered final for the volunteer’s own personal use only and cannot be amended, returned, transferred, resold, exchanged or cancelled by the volunteer.
- For health and safety issues, persons with long hair will be asked to tie up their hair, and close-toed shoes should be worn during the making process. In the case of accidental minor cuts, not to worry, they have a first-aid kit in their gallery at all times.
- OBELLERY provides all the tools and equipment needed for jewellery making
- An extra silver fee may be charged depending on the weight.
- The reward is valid for 6 months from the day of redemption.
- The booking can be rescheduled ONCE with 2 days notice.
- The voucher needs to be showed before the workshop.
- By participating in this experience, all parties agree to indemnify Time Auction and save it harmless against any and all liabilities, including judgments, costs and reasonable counsel fees, for anything done or omitted by Time Auction.
- In times of Tropical Cyclones and Rainstorms, please contact the reward sponsor directly for arrangement.
- In the case of dispute, Time Auction reserves the right of final decision on all matters.
- Time Auction late cancellations & no show policy and other Time Auction terms and conditions apply.
30 volunteer hours must be completed during 25 Aug 2021 to 25 Oct 2022.
Special thanks to OBELLERY for donating the workshop!