Develop financial and accounting system for early-stage NGO
What we need
- Join us for a 30 minutes call to learn more about our objectives and our organization
- Have biweekly meetings (every other week) with our team to develop financial and accounting system
- Develop financial and accounting system using online tools (e.g. Xero, Quickbooks) and help our team learn how to use these tools after the completion of the volunteer period.
- Establish sustainable financial protocols and procedures for an early-stage NGO (e.g., how to maintain clear financial accounts for annual reports; create templates for tax-exemption donation receipts)
- Looking for volunteers with accounting background and experience; preferably with a background or strong interest in psychology.
We are a nonprofit organization that has just received our S88 charity status, and we would really appreciate support on developing our financial and accounting system going forward before we begin fundraising. In particular, we would appreciate support on how we can document the donations we receive, learn how to format tax exemption receipts, and ensure we have all the information we need from each donation to prepare for annual reports for the IRD.
What we have
(1) Spreadsheets documenting our previous transactions and donations from individuals, schools, and organizations; (2) Documents from the IRD certifying our S88 status.
Why this is important
As an early-stage NGO, we are hoping to use our charity status to benefit more people in our community. Helping us set up our financial and accounting system will help us better plan our fundraising efforts going forward, and support us in building our credibility as an organization.
10 Oct 2022 - 14 Dec 2022
You’ll be working with other awesome volunteers.
Honorarium available upon completion
2 hours per week
- Tax Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Some experience
- Extensive experience
- Chinese (Cantonese)
About the Organization
What we do
Body Banter is an up-and-coming nonprofit organization that connects young people and empowers them to find their voices in conversations about body image and mental health.