This experience has not started yet :) It will start on Sep 09, 2021
Dive into the world of cocktail making with the award-winning mixologist Antonio Lai!
Redeem a spot for the cocktail class with the award-winning mixologist Antonio Lai, Owner of Quinary, Room 309 & Draft Land HK. Ready to give it a shake and stir yourself?
Date: 27th November 2021 (Saturday)
Time: 5 - 6:30pm
Venue: N.I.P Distilling, Unit 601, 6/F, Westlands Centre, 20 Westlands Rd, Quarry Bay
Antonio is a multi-awarded international mixologist who pioneered the comprehensive Multisensory Mixology (MM) concept in Hong Kong – a drinking experience that engages all five senses. In 2012, Antonio started his own bar business in Hong Kong with the opening of Quinary, the group’s award-winning flagship and first multisensory cocktail bar, ORI-GIN, the first in the city that specializes in gin, The Envoy that prides itself of its breezy terrace as well as tea-focused cocktails, VEA Lounge, a “fine drinking” gentlemen’s lounge, ROOM 309, the “invisible hotel room” concept and its “invisible cocktails”, and the latest Draft Land HK, in partnership with Taiwanese drink maestro, Angus Zou, that serves Cocktails On Tap.
With Quinary achieving the World’s 50 Best Bars from Drinks International Magazine for five consecutive years, Antonio has been pushing limits of the Hong Kong bartending scene to another level. His latest awards include 2015 Diageo World Class Hong Kong & Macau Champion, and Quinary being named Asia's 50 Best Bars 2021 "Heering Legend of The List".
Antonio has 20 years of experience having to work at renowned bars, clubs, restaurants and cafes in the industry domestically and internationally. Antonio joined CAP at Tales of The Cocktail 2015 & 2016 in New Orleans, Sole Graells Chef Master Class in Barcelona, Stage Program at 69 Colebrooke Row, as well as the Bombay Sapphire Blue Room Master Class in London.
Antonio began his career at Planet Hollywood in his early 20s and then joined Drop Bar. His interest then diverted to the field of coffee and became the trainer for Jackie Chan’s Café, opening a handful of cafes in the South Pacific Regions. Apart from the experience he gained from the Café co-partner Home Town Coffee in Pennsylvania, he had the opportunity to train in Italy where he found his true destiny – Multisensory Mixology (MM). Antonio has published two awarded cocktail books as a platform to share his passion and knowledge, and today, you will find him conducting industry seminars and being a guest mixologist around the world… if not zipping up and down the streets of Hong Kong to the six venues of Tastings Group in his signature outrageous sneakers.
About N.I.P Gin
Inspired by the city’s origin, N.I.P combines traditional botanicals of gin with local flavours and aromas to create a unique Hong Kong spirit. The main stage created by the traditional piney juniper berries is highlighted by the tangy aged tangerine peels, further complemented by the elegance and citrus of kumquat and the sweetness and lingering aromas of Shoumei tea. This is a meticulously crafted gin that not only brings forth a complex yet balanced combination of flavours, but also the heritage and underlying attitude that is representative of Hong Kong.
Terms and Conditions
- Reward cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Reward could only be redeemed by volunteers aged 18 or above.
- Reward can only be redeemed once per each volunteer.
- The volunteer should warrant that the redeemed reward is for their own personal use only. It is not transferable and resalable.
- Once the reward redemption has been placed, the redemption will be considered final and cannot be amended or cancelled by the volunteer.
- Once redeemed and confirmed, the booking cannot be rescheduled.
- By participating in this experience, all parties agree to indemnify Time Auction and save it harmless against any and all liabilities, including judgments, costs and reasonable counsel fees, for anything done or omitted by Time Auction.
- In the case of dispute, Time Auction, Antonio Lai & N.I.P Distilling reserve the right of final decision on all matters.
- Time Auction late cancellations & no show policy and other terms and conditions apply.
15 volunteer hours must be completed during 01 Mar 2021 to 10 Nov 2021.
Special thanks to Antonio for donating the class and N.I.P Craft Gin for sponsoring the venue!