This experience has not started yet :) It will start on Apr 14, 2022
Explore the process of Batik and make your own unique piece of textile art!
Redeem a spot at the Batik Workshop with Batikku and create your own textile art. Come and experience the uniqueness of making Batik, from drawing your own designs and patterns, to putting hot wax with canting as a tool. The fabric will then be colored by hand and sent back to your home!
Date: 15 May 2022 (Sunday)
Time: 2 - 5 pm
Venue: the Hive Wanchai, 21/F The Phoenix, 23 Luard Rd, Wan Chai
The workshop will be conducted in English.
Batik is an ancient Indonesian art form made with wax-resist dyeing on fabric. It is a traditional method to place beautiful designs on fabric. It has been recognized by UNESCO in 2009 as the Masterpiece of Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity from Indonesia. Since then, National Batik Day is celebrated annually on October 2nd. Nowadays, Indonesians would wear Batik in honor of this ancient tradition.
Terms and Conditions
- Reward photos are for reference only.
- Reward cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Volunteers warrant that the redeemed reward is for their own personal use only. It is not transferrable and resalable.
- By participating in this experience, all parties agree to indemnify Time Auction and save it harmless against any and all liabilities, including judgments, costs and reasonable counsel fees, for anything done or omitted by Time Auction.
- In case of dispute, Time Auction and Batikku reserve the right of final decision on all matters.
- Time Auction late cancellations & no show policy and other terms and conditions apply.
15 volunteer hours must be completed during 05 May 2021 to 26 Apr 2022.
Special thanks to Batikku for donating the experience, and the Hive Wanchai for sponsoring the venue!