Meet Dr Leong Che-hung (梁智鴻), Renowned Surgeon
Meet Dr Leong, also known as "金刀梁", who has led the Hospital Authority, Elderly Commission, ICAC, HKU Council, Hong Kong AIDS Foundation, Hong Kong Academy of Medicine and many others.
Dr Leong is a surgeon in private practice. He is currently Chairman of Hong Kong AIDS Foundation and the President of HK Anti Cancer Society. Dr Leong was an unofficial Member of the Executive Council of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region from 2005 to 2012. He was also an elected member of the Legislative Council from 1988 to 2000. Dr Leong has held many key posts in the public service sector, including Chairman of the Hospital Authority (2002-2004), Chairman of the Council on Human Reproductive Technology (2001-2010), Chairman of the Elderly Commission (2005-2011), Chairman of the University of Hong Kong (HKU) Council (2009-2015), Chairman of ICAC Complaints Committee (2010-2015), Chairman of Elder Academy Development Foundation (2009-2017) and Chairman of the Committee on Standard Working Hours (2013-2017).
On the professional side, Dr Leong is the Hunterian Professor of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and a Regent of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Dr Leong was the Founding President of The College of Surgeons of Hong Kong. He served as President of the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine from 2000 to 2004.
- Non-official Member, Executive Council, HKSARG
- Member, Legislative Council • Chairman, Hospital Authority
- Chairman, Council on Human Reproductive Technology
- Chairman, Elderly Commission • Chairman, HKU Council
- Chairman, ICAC Complaints Committee • Chairman, Elder Academy Development Foundation
- Chairman, Committee on Standard Working Hours of Hong Kong
- Founding President, College of Surgeons of Hong Kong
- President, Hong Kong Academy of Medicine
- Founding President HK Society of Nephrologist
- Founding President HK Kidney Foundation
- Founding President HK Urology Association
Cost per person is HK$50 (Full-time students aged 25 or below)/ HK$100 (General Participants) to support the running costs of our charity and our mission to make volunteerism mainstream.
The experience may be rescheduled or hosted online with consideration of the social distancing restrictions due to COVID-19. A new date and time will be communicated with the participants.
If you're joining as a donor, please note that donations are not refundable. If the event is rescheduled or hosted online and you can't make it, you reserve the right to choose another experience to attend within 6 months.
Please read our Late Cancellations & No Show Policy before applying: http://bit.ly/ta-noshow
Cover photo credit to 謝至德 for Master-insight.com. Special thanks to K11 ATELIER for sponsoring the event!