Y.K. Pang was appointed Deputy Managing Director of Jardine Matheson Holdings Limited in 2016, having first joined the Board in 2011. He is deputy chairman of Jardine Matheson Limited, chairman of Jardine Pacific, Zung Fu and Gammon, chairman and chief executive of Jardine Motors, and a director of Jardine Matheson (China) Limited. He is also a director of Dairy Farm, Hongkong Land, Jardine Strategic, Mandarin Oriental, Yonghui Superstores and Zhongsheng.
Mr Pang joined the Jardine Matheson Group in 1984, and first worked in a variety of positions in its trading, marketing and retail sectors. He became a director of Jardine Pacific in 1995 with responsibility for its restaurants businesses, and in 1999 he moved to Jardine Motors as chief executive officer of Zung Fu before becoming executive chairman in 2003.
Prior to taking up his current role, he was appointed in 2007 as chief executive of listed-subsidiary Hongkong Land, a property investment, management and development group.
Mr Pang was born in Hong Kong in 1960 and graduated from the University of Nottingham with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering and a Master of Business Administration Degree from the University of Edinburgh in the United Kingdom. He completed the Program for Global Leadership at Harvard Business School in 1998. In July 2016, he was conferred an Honorary Doctorate degree by the University of Edinburgh.
Mr Pang is married with two children.
Other Appointments and Awards
- The Gold Bauhinia Star (2016)
- The Silver Bauhinia Star (2008)
- Justice of the Peace
- Ten Outstanding Young Persons of Hong Kong in 1999
- The Community Chest of Hong Kong, Vice Patron
- Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, Past Chairman (2014 -2016), Council & General Committee Member
- Employers’ Federation of Hong Kong, Chairman of General Committee
- HKSAR Government Advisory Committee on Gifted Education, Chairman
- HKSAR Government Standing Committee on Directorate Salaries and Conditions of Service, Chairman
- HKSAR Government Trade and Industry Advisory Board, Member
- Steering Committee on the Hong Kong Scholarship for Excellence Scheme, Member
- Hospital Governing Committee of Queen Mary Hospital and Tsan Yuk Hospital, Chairman
- Hong Kong Management Association, Council & Executive Committee, Member
All volunteer hours must be completed from 28 February 2018 to 31 July 2018.
Dinner will be held at The Excelsior Hotel in Causeway Bay at 6:45-9pm on 9 August 2018.
Cost per person is HK$150 (Full-time students aged 25 or below)/ HK$250 (General Participants) to support the running costs of our charity and our mission to make volunteerism mainstream.