Fundraising Committee Member (2-Year Term)
Apply your fund-raising skills to help make Hong Kong more tolerant and inclusive
What we need
- Estimated time commitment of at least 6 hours per month, subject to the status of each initiative
- Availability to attend approximately 4 planning sessions per year, with communication in between
- Organize at least one personal fundraising activity or event to raise funds for Resolve’s programs
- Become a Resolver (monthly donor) and encourage people in your network to become one-off or monthly givers
- Promote Resolve’s fundraising events and public outreach to drive awareness and participation
Resolve’s 2021-2024 Strategic Plan Goal 4 is to mobilize sustained and diversified resources. Resolve has recently set up its first Fundraising Committee, which consists of volunteer members, board directors andmembers of staff and its founder. The Fundraising Committee plays an important role in expanding Resolve’s network and loyal supporter base and building a community of regular givers through our Resolver program. The Fundraising Committee is seeking additional members to implement its existing ideas and priorities and see new possibilities to promote the portfolio of Resolve’s activities (Fellowship, Alumni Network, Opportunity Fund, Every Action Matters Campaign).
What we have
● Orientation with the team and communications support to articulate your Resolve story● Exposure learning about a wide portfolio of community initiatives among fellows’ projects● Opportunity to learn about social justice and inclusion as it applies to the Hong Kong context● A chance to get more in-depth, behind-the-scenes understanding of small nonprofit operations● Become part of a dynamic, purpose-driven, professional and fun team
Why this is important
The funding will support our work to champion and empower grassroot community leaders across Hong Kong, particularly people from disadvantaged or marginalised groups, for example, Hong Kong youth,refugees and asylum seekers, domestic workers, ethnic minorities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disABILITIES and other diverse stakeholders.
01 Sep 2021 - 29 Jun 2023
Remote or at Sheung Wan office
You’ll be working with other awesome volunteers.
- Donor Engagement
- Donor Communication
- Fundraising Campaign
Together with Swire Trust, we've launched the Swire Trust Go-Givers Program which encourages skilled volunteers for their NGOs partners.
From 2020 to 2022, you can volunteer for Swire's NGO partners and redeem educational and experiential rewards. 10 outstanding volunteers will be selected annually as the “Swire Trust Go-Givers of the Year” with special rewards & recognition!
For details, please see here. 🙌🏻
About the Organization
What we do
Our Mission: We exist to inspire, empower and connect emerging leaders to bring about inclusive social change. Our Vision: We believe in a Hong Kong where everyone is heard and can take everyday action for their community. Our Values: Rights, Equality, Solidarity, Organization, Leadership, Voice and Empowerment. Our Community: Our people and partners come from diverse sectors and backgrounds. We are stronger together. Our Organization: In May 2017, Resolve was founded with one question in mind: in an age of increasing polarization and intolerance, how can we build more inclusive and accepting societies? We believe the answer rests with communities themselves, harnessing their own power to bring about positive social change.
Enactus Hong Kong
10 hours in total
Brochure Designer (SEN Concert)
25 hours in total
3 hours in total
Logo and Brand Designer
World Charity Foundation
25 hours in total
Fundraising Event Photographer
The Nature Conservancy Hong Kong Foundation Limited
15 hours in total