Meet Ayesha Lau, Chairman of Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority (MPFA)
Meet Ayesha, Chairman of MPFA, who is also currently the Managing Partner of KPMG Hong Kong and a partner with KPMG China. She will retire from KPMG in September to devote more time to public service.
Ayesha is the Chairman and a Non-Executive Director of the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority, and the Chairman and a Non-Executive Director of its wholly owned subsidiary, eMPF Platform Company Limited. She is also a partner with KPMG China and the Managing Partner in Hong Kong. She started her career with KPMG in London before joining KPMG in Hong Kong.
Professional and industry experience
Ayesha is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and a member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Ayesha is active in community service and has been appointed by the Hong Kong SAR Government as a member of various advisory bodies.
Her current appointments include:
- Chairman and Non-Executive Director, Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority
- Chairman and Non-Executive Director of MPFA’s wholly owned subsidiary, eMPF Platform Company Limited
- Member, Financial Leaders Forum
- Member, Exchange Fund Advisory Committee of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- Member, Financial Infrastructure and Market Development Sub-Committee of the Exchange Fund Advisory Committee
- Member, Governance Sub-Committee of the Exchange Fund Advisory Committee
- Director, Hong Kong Academy of Finance Limited
- Member, Advisory Panel on BEPS 2.0
- Member, Public Service Commission
- Member, Legal Aid Services Council
- Chairman, Joint Committee on Student Finance
- Member, Council of the University of Hong Kong
She has also served as a member of various advisory bodies including:
- Lump Sum Grant Independent Review Committee
- Task Force on Economic Challenges
- Financial Reporting Review Panel of the Financial Reporting Council
- Market Development Committee of the Financial Services Development Council
- Policy Research Committee of the Financial Services Development Council
- Hong Kong Trade Development Council
- Independent Commission Against Corruption Advisory Committee on Corruption
- Harbourfront Commission
- Aviation Development Advisory Committee
- Standing Committee on Judicial Salaries and Conditions of Service
- Women’s Commission
Ayesha was appointed as a Justice of the Peace in July 2013, an Accounting Advisor of the Ministry of Finance of the People’s Republic of China since May 2016 and a member of CPPCC of Jiangsu Province since Jan 2018, and was awarded Bronze Bauhinia Star in July 2021.
Cost per person is HK$150 (Full-time students aged 25 or below)/ HK$250 (General Participants) to support the running costs of our charity and our mission to make volunteerism mainstream.
The experience may be rescheduled or hosted online with consideration of the social distancing restrictions due to COVID-19. And a new date and time will be communicated with the participants. Please also note that food & beverage will only be served if the restrictions allow. The arrangement will be confirmed closer to the event date.
All participants are required to complete a health declaration form before attending the event.
If you're joining as a donor, please note that donations are not refundable. If the event is rescheduled or hosted online and you can't make it, you reserve the right to choose another experience to attend within 6 months.
Please read our Late Cancellations & No Show Policy before applying: http://bit.ly/ta-noshow